Tuesday 6 December 2016

Lady Gaga Says She Suffers From PTSD.


The 30 year old philanthropic singer spoke about it during a Today segment that aired Monday. 



She said “I told the kids today, ‘I suffer from PTSD.’ I’ve never told anyone that before,” Gaga said. “So here we are. But the kindness that’s shown to me by doctors as well as my family and my friends, it’s really saved my life.”

Lady Gaga said in a December 2014 interview with Howard Stern that she had been raped early in her career.

“You know, I went through some horrific things,” she told Stern. “I’m able to laugh now because I’ve gone through a lot of mental and physical therapy and emotional therapy to heal over the years. My music’s been wonderful for me. But, you know, I was a shell of my former self at one point. I was not myself. To be fair, I was about 19 … I went to Catholic school, and then all this crazy stuff happened, and I was going, ‘Oh, is this just the way adults are?’”

It took a while for Gaga to process just what she’d experienced.

“It happens every day, and it’s really scary and it’s sad,” she added. “And you know, it didn’t affect me as much right after as it did about four or five years later. It hit me so hard. I was so traumatized by it that I was like, just keep going. I just had to get out of there.”

The “Edge of Glory” singer noted that her good works, such as her visit to the shelter, aren’t entirely selfless — she takes something from them too.

“I’ve been searching for ways to help myself. And I found that kindness is the best way,” she said.



*According to google ,PTSD, or Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, is a psychiatric disorder that can occur following the experience or witnessing of a life-threatening events such as military combat, natural disasters, terrorist incidents, serious accidents, or physical or sexual assault in adult or childhood.

No comments: