Tuesday 18 October 2016

Just Came Across This Beautiful Poem By a Sierra Leonean Peagie Woobay-Foday - Guess What? It's Out of This World




Green, White and Blue flow in my blood.
Everywhere I go they run through my veins.
The Lion mountains, ever so beautiful engulf me each time I go not wanting to leave.
The smiling kids all over get my brilliant warm smiles in return.
The white lengthy sandy beaches, I linger on for long.
The Sherbro islands draw me close.
The burning humid heat refreshes my root and I cling to it.
But why, oh why? Mama Salone. Why...
Do your people suffer.
And go to bed in the dark?
The kids go hungry?
The women cry?
And the men toil?
Green, White and Blue still flow in my blood.
And I have hope that it will rise.

Peagie Woobay-Foday
Stockholm, Sweden

No comments: